- Museum Accession No.: EA1994.103
- Catalogue No.: 35
- Object type: Plate
- Kiln/Location: Blue-and-white, Arita
- Period/Date: late 17th century
- Dimensions: H. 4.2 cm, 21.8 cm
- Provenance: Story Fund
- Description: Round plate with curved sides. Underglaze blue decoration. In the centre of well, VOC mark within a circle, surrounded by pomegranates. Around the rim, a single line. On the back, three flower sprays, a double line round footrim, a single within, and the VOC monogram within a circle.
Vialle, 1993, has demonstrated that pieces with the VOC mark, both in the well and on the foot, were for the exclusive use of Officers of the Company.
- Similar Example: